A career in the medical industry means that you are committed to care. Keeping this saying in mind, thousands of students take medical entrance exams every year and only one-third of them are able to accomplish their goal. The success in any medical exam depends on the amount of effort you put on practicing papers like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and Reasoning subjects. You need to take Biology as the main subject in your XI-XII classes if you are planning to write medical exams in future. Like many other entrance exams, medical entrance exams are also designed in the multiple-choice format. Here are a few tips that will help you to crack medical entrance exams easily:
- Know the medical exam: The first thing you need to consider before starting the medical entrance exam preparation is identifying the syllabus, pattern, and structure of the exam. You need to have a thorough understanding of the syllabus so that you can plan your preparation accordingly. Also, you can practice more questions and set time limits for each question, once you are familiar with the exam pattern.
- Know the basics first: You need to be thorough with all the basic concepts in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology before starting your medical entrance preparation. Dedicate the first two-three months exclusively for learning topics like algebra, mechanics, stoichiometry etc. You may be familiar with these topics but again it is good to revise it well in order to make yourself thorough with the concepts.
- Time management: Managing your time during the medical exam preparation is as important as that of time management during the exam. Try to attend the easy section first and leave the rest towards the end. Also, don’t waste too much time on solving difficult questions. You can leave it and move on to the next one so that you can attend more questions within that time.
- Avoid shortcuts: In the medical profession, precision is the most important thing a doctor needs. Hence, like other entrance exams, there are no shortcuts for medical entrance exams. You need to be thorough with all the basic and main concepts in Chemistry and Biology before writing the exam.
- Reference materials: Make sure that there are enough reference books on your shelf so that you can begin your revisions without any worries. Reference books and materials are very important for medical entrance exam preparation because it can provide you more detailed methods and simple explanations for solving questions.
- Remove stress, fear, and anxiety: Apart from all the above, you need to find out solutions to eliminate fear, stress and anxiety because these three may prevent you from attaining a good score in the exam. You can practice yoga, meditation and other stress relieving exercises to overcome all these negative factors.