NET stands for National Eligibility Test, which is conducted by UGC (University Grants Commission) in India. This is a national level examination, which has been carried out for post graduate students, who are seeking qualifying for university level teaching jobs in India. Nevertheless, qualifying this test will also allow the candidates to seek admissions for PHD level programs.To qualify this examination, you need to learn ugc net exam in detail. The test has been carried out in the following domain or streams of education:
- Humanities (including languages),
- Computer Science and Applications,
- Forensic Science,
- Environmental Science,
- Electronic Science
Through the test, teaching skills of the applicants are evaluated by UGC. Nevertheless, their research skills as well as keenness have been evaluated too by carrying out this test. This is recognized as one of the toughest examination to quality, and for that reason you need to pursue effective ugc net exam tutorials.
Quick Facts on UGC NET Examination
As it is stated, it is extremely important for the applicants to learn UGC net exam. Knowing details about this examination will help qualifying the test with precision. So, here are some of the quick facts that you can check out about this exam below:
- For junior research fellowship, your age should not be more than 28 years
- For assistant professor, there is no upper limit of age – anyone can be an applicant
When age criteria have been matched, you need to check out the education qualifications for qualifying as an applicant for this exam. Candidates should have post graduate Masters Degree certificates with them, securing minimum 55 percent marks. If you are appearing for the final year of Masters Degree program, then you can also apply to participate in the written test of UGC NET.
Passing the exam will help you to secure the following job positions:
- Assistant Professor
- Junior Research fellowship
Some more Quick Facts
Here are some more quick things that you should not miss about UGC NET exam:
- Time of Examination: UGC NET examination has been held twice in a year; probably in June and December. For exact dates, you should follow UGC’s official portal. For June’s exam, notification is announced on March, and for December exam notification has been announced on September.
- Examination Pattern: Exam pattern is simple, as only objective types questions are there. However, to answer questions detailed preparation is required.
- Preparation Time: For preparation of UGC NET exam, you need to prepare at least for 6-8 months with sincerity. Undergo ugc net exam tutorials for excellent preparation.
Quick Tips for Applicants
It is not easy to qualify UGC NET examination on the first sitting, unless you are really sincere. To qualify the exam, you need to know a few things, as described below:
- Practice Multiple Choice Question-Answers: UGC NET exam is basically objective type examination. So, it is effective if you practice multiple choice questions and answers.
- Time Management: To do well in this exam, time management is the key. You should be well versed with managing your time – attempt answering all the questions.
- Consulting Previous Years’ Questions: Consulting last five years’ papers would be highly effective to quality UGC NET.