BSc Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a 4-year degree program which teaches the science and principles of nursing. The BSc Nursing program prepares students for a variety of professional jobs and further study in the field of Nursing. All nursing programs come under the regulatory frameworks of Indian Nursing Council. It is an autonomous body under the Govt. of India, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, constituted under 3 (1) of the Indian Nursing Council Act, 1947 of Indian parliament.
There are 7 autonomous state-level nursing councils in India. They are the following:
- Maharashtra Nursing Council
- Delhi Nursing Council
- Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council
- Mizoram Nursing Council
- Karnataka Nursing Council
- Uttar Pradesh Nurses & Midwives Council
- Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council
If you are planning or already studying BSc Nursing, here are the few benefits you must be aware of:
- BSc in Nursing prepares you for nursing or caring job profiles. Nursing is a very noble profession that enables you to help a variety of people in pain or in need of support.
- There are huge opportunities in the Nursing field. Job opportunities are ample worldwide. A Nursing graduate can start in a job after the graduation program
- Salary packages are reasonable. The profession attracts many prospective candidates in the nursing field. Over the years, the profession has drawn interests from many students.
- It allows you to work worldwide. No matter where you get your degree you have the opportunity to work anywhere in the world.
To get into reputed BSc Nursing program, a student needs to write nursing entrance exams such as AIIMS, AFMC, CMC Vellore and more. UrbanPro.com helps you to clear these exams by connecting you with the best professional in your locality. Clearing nursing entrance test with good score is important in order to get admission in a good nursing college.