Diet is one important factor that determines the effectiveness of your workout. You need lots of energy to withstand the stress during every workout and that can only be gained through regular meals. The food that you consume after each workout contributes to muscle growth. If you are a regular gym goer, normal diet won’t be enough for you to keep going with the phase of training. Here are a few diet plans that you must follow during regular workout sessions:
- Drink more water: Try to drink at least 2 litres of water every day in order to help your body to remove toxins and increase the energy level. Take a full glass of water in the morning or 15 minutes before and after every gym workouts so that you can avoid possible muscle cramps. Also don’t forget to drink water after every meal since it improves the digestion process and allows the body to absorb nutrients easily.
Diet plans for regular gym goers
- Break up your meals: Usually, we all have 3 meals a day and still most of us skip breakfast and lunch. You are not supposed to skip your meals if you are a regular gym goer. You should break up your regular meals and try to consume it as 5 or 6 mini meals. It will be good if you limit your meals to 400 calories per day and try to avoid fast foods from your daily menu.
- Consume more proteins and carbohydrates: Avoid food items like pizzas, burgers, pastries, cakes, fries etc. and try to have some high protein rich foods like chicken, eggs, skimmed toned milk, nuts, seeds, cheese, yogurt etc. High intake of protein helps to build muscle mass and will make your bones much stronger than before. Consumption of carbohydrate rich food is also essential for maintaining the energy level. Therefore, try to include foods items like dried fruits, oats, bananas, sweet potatoes, oranges etc. in your menu, which are rich in carbohydrates.
- Avoid drinking and smoking: Drinking alcohol and soft drinks regularly may spoil your entire workout since both negatively effects your liver and kidney health. Moreover, high alcohol consumption after workout may result in conditions like dehydration, slow protein synthesis, loss of focus etc. On the other hand, smoking results in lowering your energy level and stamina. If you are a regular smoker, you will get tired soon before completing specific set of workouts. Therefore, avoid these two things completely and stay fit.
- No workout if you are hungry: Avoid gym workout if you are hungry or do not carry out exercises with empty stomach because it may lead to hypoglycemia.
- Get a drink after every workout: Your body will be low in salt content after heavy workout due to sweating. So try to get some drink, which is rich in electrolyte content after every workout so that you can balance the loss. Please consult with professional at UrbanPro before starting any exercise or diet plan.