Preparing for IIT JEE without any coaching classes is really a tedious task. But for those who find coaching centres really expensive can opt for self study. But, before making the final decision, you must be well aware of the JEE syllabus and fully confident about yourself. If you are able to crack IIT JEE Exam without any coaching in the first attempt itself, then you are a real genius. Here are a few tips for those who are planning to write IIT JEE without any coaching:
- Motivate yourself for IIT JEE: The first thing you must plan before starting self study is to motivate yourself. Believe in the phrase ‘I can’ and try to build a positive environment around you. Remember that you are preparing alone and you need to take some extra effort compared to other students. Try to increase your effort and phase of learning every day till it reaches the maximum.
- Collect all the possible study materials: If you have joined for any IIT JEE coaching classes, they will provide you all the important study materials. But, since you don’t have any special coaching, you need to collect all the possible materials by yourself. Buy reference guides for every single subject and revise them thoroughly. Don’t buy too many reference guides because you may not get enough time to revise each and every book.
- Experts advice: This is the most important step to be followed by those candidates who prefer self study method. If you have any doubts, then feel free to take the advice of some expert faculties or any IIT JEE crackers and clear it before the main exam. As a self learner, always keep this point in mind and don’t ever hesitate to ask for help.
- Practice more: IIT JEE coaching centres dedicate one-third of their coaching time for practicing previous question papers and sample test papers. Therefore, follow similar method during self study and practice as much as questions and sample test papers as possible.
- Practice proper time management techniques: As a self learner, you must learn how to utilize each and every second of a day before starting your preparations. Make a timetable and revise your lessons accordingly. Don’t forget to spend some time for practicing old question papers and sample questions.
- Group study is important: There are lots of benefits for combine study, if you think from a JEE self learner’s angle. Include students who are taking IIT JEE coaching on UrbanPro.com so that they can teach you simple steps to solve complex problems, which they must have learned from their coaching classes. Moreover, you will be able to learn many shortcuts and formulas from them.